Quick Base - Highly Recommended
November 12, 2018
Quick Base - Highly Recommended
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Quick Base
Quick Base is primarily used within our IT department, although some of the apps have users from outside of IT. We use it for tracking financials, project management, asset tracking, support services tracking, time reporting among other things. It has made tracking of all these things much more efficient than the previous spreadsheets we used in the past.
- Quick Base allows for quick implementation of applications. Our more complex applications have taken a few weeks at most. It is nice to go from idea to reality in a matter of days or weeks.
- Quick Base makes reporting very easy. Reports can be filtered in a variety of ways to meet the needs of all users.
- Quick Base is very adaptable. The platform allows for a variety of applications that meet several different business needs.
- It would be nice to have a bit more customization of reporting without the need of a 3rd party tool.
We have several custom business applications. Quick Base has allowed us to get them up and running quickly without the added expense and learning curve of purchasing new software for every application. One example is our time reporting application. We track our contractors' time. It used to be split between SAP and spreadsheets submitted by every contractor. Consolidation of the data was time consuming and prone to error. We developed a time tracking application in about a week for use by all contractors. It is easier to use, and we have better control and analysis of our data as a result.
Its hard to remember the details, but Zoho did not come close to matching the functionality and ease provided by Quick Base. In addition, the data had to be stored in an external location. With Quick Base, we have our data stored within the app.
Anyone can create a Quick Base application and get it to work - its as simple as uploading a spreadsheet. However, I believe some programming experience, or Quick Base training, is helpful in creating applications that are more efficiently and effectively designed. Experienced programmers have developed the thought processes necessary to think through some of the pitfalls you could come across as you develop the applications. I think the same thought process can be developed as application developers create more and more applications.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
- All the listed outcomes have been achieved.
- We build and deploy applications very quickly, from a few days to a few weeks.
- We are better able to analyze our data, since we can filter and group it as needed.
- We have applications that are used by multiple areas of our department, and they help keep everyone on the same page, discussing information from a single source.
- We have had many business challenges that Quick Base has helped us solve - internal tracking of IT finances, Time reporting, Asset Management......
- All our applications have been developed for our specific needs
We have an application that tracks all of our active projects. We needed to add some functionality to this application which was somewhat complex. It was no problem at all to go into the application, make the changes and get the new functionality working.