February 04, 2015
Score 2 out of 10
- Red Carpet
Overall Satisfaction with RedCarpet
We used RedCarpet for onboarding for all attorneys, partners, and staff at an international law firm. When I left the firm, we were working on implementing the system internationally. It addresses the problem of a smooth onboarding process for new hires and limits the amount of paper used.
- Streamlined process for onboarding- all of the forms are kept in the same place
- The interface looks nice so it is a great first impression for new hires
- Easy for employers to send to new hires
- The implementation of RedCarpet was a long process. It was difficult for someone without a technical background to work on it with limited help from the RedCarpet team.
- There is limited customization of the product.
- Once your site goes live all questions have to go through RedCarpet Support. They are very slow in getting back to you so it is frustrating when there is an immediate issue.
- Increased efficiency of new hire paperwork
- More efficient I-9 and e-verify process
- Time wasted on customization that ultimately was not possible
I have used People Services which is managed by the HRIS team. I do not know anything about how the back end works, but it seems to me more of a smoother process because it integrates with our other HR systems.
I would potentially recommend RedCarpet for a larger organization that has staff that can solely focus on building out the system and trouble shooting when problems arise. As someone who was the sole recruiter in addition to handling the RedCarpet implementation it was very difficult to move at the speed suggested by the RedCarpet Project Manager. It could potentially be easier for someone with more of a technical and marketing background.