RStudio - Perfect for the Low Budget Statistician
January 21, 2022

RStudio - Perfect for the Low Budget Statistician

Bobbi Woods | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with RStudio

We use RStudio for statistics-related endeavors on our research projects. We use it frequently for accessing and analyzing our data in descriptive and predictive type analyses. It helps us address issues such as underperformance in schools and other education settings, or even issues of inequity and exclusion of vulnerable populations.
  • Descriptive analyses.
  • Predictive analyses.
  • Accessing data.
  • Replicating syntax.
  • The interface.
  • A more beginner-friendly walkthrough.
  • Have also had issues with program versions impacting syntax execution.
  • Allows us to reach our statistics goals.
  • Low cost.
  • Allows us to invest in other parts of our project due to the low cost.
Personally, I would prefer SPSS over RStudio and SAS, but the cost for licenses for SPSS deters me from continuing to go with IBM's statistics software. RStudio has the advantage in that it is low cost and there are a lot of available resources on YouTube available for users to pull from.
I have not used the customer support service.
I have primarily used RSiena, which is an advanced social network analysis package. I think the value in open source data science is, other than the very low cost, the availability of learning resources to users who hit a roadblock. Being able to search the internet for solutions to common issues is invaluable and definitely an underrated part of using a popular open-source tool.
I do not use the RStudio commercial offerings.
I do not use RStudio's hosted offerings.

Do you think RStudio delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with RStudio's feature set?

Did RStudio live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of RStudio go as expected?

Would you buy RStudio again?

RStudio is perfect for statisticians who want to run descriptive and predictive analyses but do not want to spend big money to acquire a license from a competing statistics software. It is less suited for scenarios in which a company will reimburse for a license, in which I would recommend IBM's SPSS over Rstudio.

RStudio Feature Ratings

Interactive Data Analysis
Interactive Data Cleaning and Enrichment
Data Transformations
Multiple Model Development Languages and Tools
Single platform for multiple model development
Self-Service Model Delivery