My Sage Intacct Review
October 31, 2020
My Sage Intacct Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Sage Intacct
The revenue recognition module and contracts modules are easy to use, but without the additional projects module it becomes difficult to use for progress billing when point-in-time revenue recognition is applicable. We're also still waiting for prorating capabilities for over a year after initially announced. Reporting is flexible and the ability to create and utilize dimensional as well as account groupings make it customizable and robust.
- Account groups
- Dimensions and ability to utilize dimensions for various purposes
- Flexibility in integration is definitely a strength.
- Contracts module is not nearly as developed as other modules and lacks functionality that was expected to be available since features and functions were available in older modules.
- Managing expectations (i.e., announcing upcoming enhancements, but even a year later it is not yet available)
- Price increases are too high.
- Pricing for certain modules is far too high considering the limited functionality if you do not also purchase and implement other related modules.
- To obtain the desired end result functionality, you will be required to purchase additional modules, which can double or triple your initial expected annual cost
- Continual enhancements that are steady and scheduled but not always the enhancements you are most needing
- VARs are the only true connection you have with Intacct other than the annual conference.
Sage Intacct is user friendly and easy to navigate. However, the limitations with the advanced revenue recognition and contracts modules without also adding Projects, have been difficult to swallow especially compared to the cost of those modules.
The only end-user support you receive is provided by the VAR. Intacct rarely interacts directly with customers other than at the annual conference.
Do you think Sage Intacct delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Sage Intacct's feature set?
Did Sage Intacct live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Sage Intacct go as expected?
Would you buy Sage Intacct again?
The core financials features and functions have been beneficial. The core financials are robust and flexible.
Reporting, use of dimension to consolidate GL accounts, integrated partner solutions are plentiful. If you are ready to implement a new project management solution for your services or a sales order solution in conjunction with Sage Intacct, you will reap many benefits and efficiencies. However, if you have a legacy system and do not want to replace it, functionality becomes limited very quickly.