SFCC - a view 3 years in!
April 06, 2018
SFCC - a view 3 years in!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Salesforce Commerce Cloud
SFCC is used to power our global commerce site as well as localised commerce solutions in the U.K., France, and Germany. The digital team manages the day-to-day administration of SFCC but users from social, insights and IT teams can also use the platform from time-to-time.
- Being a global brand, having a solution that works globally was key. SFCC is particularly good for allowing easily implementations and deployments of global solutions
- SFCC is a scalable solution which supported our need to roll out global sites quickly
- The vendor marketplace is used to find vendors and solutions who have pre-existing implementations and code templates, meaning it’s more cost effective to deliver
- With speed being such a crucial factor these days, SFCC is excellent at optimising performance. Whether it be server capacity around crucial events or a CDN that can deliver pages and content in a balanced and optimal way
- The SFCC roadmap is impressive. They have been good at understanding client requirements and including solutions to the core platform - i.e Apple Pay or GDPR
- The SFCC CMS (business manager) needs a UX review. They are addressing this but there are inconsistencies in the layout, UI features, and intuitiveness. An example would be having to de-select features rather than selecting, meaning campaigns can go-live and affect other areas of the site because a feature hasn’t been selected. Standard UI protocol suggests you should select rather than have to deselect. Another example is around where features are located. You often find yourself going through options trying to find what you need.
- Since the acquisition of Demandware by Salesforce, I feel the ability to integrate the various clouds could have been improved and sped up
- SF should seek more user feedback. IBM was particularly good at this.
- We have seen a 40% improvement in the site conversation rate
- We have been able to address business needs faster by deploying pre-existing code cartridges, thus reducing the need for complex developments
- We have rolled 2 of our localised sites out in less than 12 weeks meaning cost and efficiency savings
- Having more sites using the same CMS has allowed us to realise staff efficiency savings
For us, SFCC was ideal as we moved away from IBM WebSphere Commerce. The requirement was always about finding the best cloud-based solution that allowed us to scale and grow whilst not requiring huge amounts of development. SFCC remains our platform of choice and we aim to rollout further localised sites.