Overall Satisfaction with SAP HANA
As an SAP Basis and HANA Consultant, I provide the support for different customers with their SAP HANA Landscape, which is being used for the complete organization in talking about business problems, as SAP HANA is an in-memory appliance. As the name suggests, everything you use needs to be in memory and available to use on a real-time basis. So the business reports, status, monthly/yearly financial reports which have to broadcast are available in real-time with the use of SAP HANA.
- In traditional DB your analytic process and transactional process were running in different places, but in HANA it exists in a single place, which helps to provide you with the real-time results,
- Also, it helps you to perform where you need advanced analytics, predictive analytics, data processing in different ways to the server, or get the reports for your different departments as required.
- so the real use of SAP HANA is when you can't sustain your business for long-running tasks, slow response, etc... to overcome these problems SAP have launched their own DB along with an appliance as SAP HANA for better performance, and to work on real-time features.
- SAP is putting in more and more efforts to make HANA more flexible to their customers by frequently releasing newer versions and regular patching. As of now--except for the OS restrictions-- there is no such room for improvement for HANA, in fact, now SAP has made it available for other than Linux on Redhat too.
- HANA is in continuous improvement, and is the kind of product SAP have served based on requirement, so if you're experienced in database and its management, you may customize and use it according to your need.
- SAP HANA has always positive ROI, with the huge support for SAP HANA with leverages in futuristic DBMS technology, the best application development tools, and superior analytical features with intelligence capabilities within a single unified in-memory platform. With SAP HANA, organizations can simplify their IT infrastructure so that a support/development team can focus on innovations and understanding new technologies that are coming and best suited to the business.
We had such a scenario where HANA is very well suited, as we had a customer with a very huge DB size in few TBs, which was really challenging to use with business need and availability, even if it had been compressed. HANA made it possible to compress and put it in memory to use in a more sophisticated and faster way for the customer as a result.
It's definitely not well suited for small-scale customers where there is no need for real-time super performance, and not many critical activities.