Overall Satisfaction with SAP HANA
We are currenty reviewing SAP HANA Cloud as a solution to advise our customers in their journey to migrate their environments to the cloud. To be able to do this we're conducting a deep dive into the SAP HANA Cloud offering, so that we know what the benefits are in comparison to other HANA cloud and on-premise offerings.
- It's the way to go for the foreseeable future if SAP HANA is your platform of choice
- We like the features currently available, but are anxiously awaiting for more on-prem features to make it over to the offering
- Multi-Cloud deployment options is a huge benefit
- Remote source connections through SDA to other databases like SQL Server and Oracle are no longer possible. The only way to go would be through SDI, which isn't as optimized and might require additional license costs.
- If you currently use features like dynamic tiering or R server integration, you need to really look if this is the offering for you at this point in time.
- The flexibility of downsizing, which is a big advantage of working in the cloud, is at this moment not available (yet).
We have evaluated other offerings like SAP HEC and HANA as a service in the SAP Cloud Platform and we see that SAP HANA Cloud is the main focus of SAP's vision for the future. This is the main argument why we're leaning towards using this offering. Especially the quarterly releases of updates and new features is a positive criterium for us.
Do you think SAP HANA Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP HANA Cloud's feature set?
Did SAP HANA Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SAP HANA Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy SAP HANA Cloud again?