Overall Satisfaction with SAP Litmos
SAP Litmos is being used by our business to support our digital learning requirements for around 500 users. Our business operates almost completely remotely, so all induction and bespoke training we need to deliver is done so remotely via SAP Litmos. SAP Litmos has enabled us to improve the learner experience, particularly for our clinical teams, and is support our plans to create more blended learning pathways through instructor-led training
- Quick online customer support.
- Good content library.
- Ease of use.
- Reporting engine easy to use.
- Direct Learner Links - These do not work where SAML SSO is integrated, meaning you can't link directly to content which impacts learner experience.
- More options for customization that don't require CSS/HMTL coding experience.
- Active Monthly User pricing model can create issues with planning growth.
- Viewing User course state - this is not possible to do in Litmos (as far as I'm aware) which means that pinpointing user issues within a course is almost impossible.
- Improved learner experience.
- Increased compliance.
- Increased overall digital footprint.
Do you think Litmos delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Litmos's feature set?
Did Litmos live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Litmos go as expected?
Would you buy Litmos again?
The learner dashboard is easy to navigate but the incompatibility of direct linking and SSO damages the learner experience and makes it harder for us to get the learner in front of the content quickly, without any hurdles.
Wasn't involved in the implementation but oversaw the expansion of licenses and other features.