Great experience overall!
December 02, 2021
Great experience overall!
Contributor in Human ResourcesRetail Company, 201-500 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Litmos
SAP Litmos was purchased in order to serve as our first Learning Management System. Our existing training program was unstructured and relied entirely on individuals training other individuals based on their own experiences, and we knew we needed more structure and a training system that could expand to a larger business with more locations. There was also a desire for online/eLearning that needed to be met.
- Great online self-help resources.
- User friendly system.
- Existing content library covers a lot of bases.
- The content authoring tool is relatively easy to use and flexible.
- Having more question types in the content author would be nice.
- More features in general in the content author would be nice.
- There's a bug where if you "copy" a module and then delete the original, you're unable to edit the "copy" even though it's not connected to the initial module. This has been verified by Litmos.
- Litmos has spurred excitement for a training program within our company, especially with the younger team members who are familiar with using learning platforms in school.
- We've streamlined multiple certification processes by storing the dates within the LMS and attaching them to the user (rather than in a large spreadsheet owned by one person, which won't send reminders).
- Feedback from employees with regard to our training testing has been "I wish we had this when I was hired, this is so nice", many times over.
We decided that Auzmor was a bit too "lightweight" and didn't like that a second contract was required for the learning content. Docebo on the other hand was a bit too involved and seemed to have a much longer start-up time (though it was beautiful). Both were great options and in our top 3, and I wouldn't warn anyone against either, but Litmos seemed to be the best fit for our use. It allowed customization and native content while still remaining somewhat "simple" and user-friendly.
Do you think Litmos delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Litmos's feature set?
Did Litmos live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Litmos go as expected?
Would you buy Litmos again?
I've encountered no real issues with usability on a personal level. I've had a handful of users with issues getting locked out and I haven't been able to fully determine if it's a user error or system-based. Because of when and how they happened I'm inclined to think there's an element of a system issue, but I'm uncertain and the issue was resolved regardless. I've encountered a few other "quirks" but nothing terrible, or really noticeable with most use. The online help is great, the representatives are great.
We went with self-implementation and have had some hiccups with the APIs (not the fault of Litmos). Other than that it's been great. It feels a bit unfair to give a 7 for something not within the control of Litmos but fits our implementation experience. Overall I found it rather enjoyable to get the system set up and customized (but that's just me).
Litmos works well for companies that want to be able to customize a user-friendly platform on their own (assuming they're tech-savvy and have the developer support if APIs are needed). It has an expansive library of content, though not a lot of retail-specific content. The content author is a nice tool and works well for making content in most situations. The online resources have gotten me through all my issues, save for one, which turned out to be a system outage on a specific tool. For the most part, it's not a question of "if" Litmos can do it but "how". Occasionally the "how" will require a compromise, but overall it's met all of our needs thus far.