Overall Satisfaction with SendGrid Marketing Email
We use SendGrid transactional email integrated within our website to send follow-up emails to prospects once they complete our online signup process. This was primarily an administrative function that was automated. We were able to reduce the number of back-and-forth emails with SendGrid, and also automate the on-boarding process of our clients.
- The SendGrid API allows you to integrate the transactional email in as custom a fashion as you wish. This enables you to make the emails dispatched very customized.
- SendGrid also has a feature that allows you to use it as an email campaign manager. This eliminates the need to have two different solutions for email campaigns and transactional emails.
- The pricing structure is beneficial to those who begin with low volume. The graduated pricing allows the price to grow with use.
- The API documentation is a bit confusing.
- All of the SendGrid services are accessible from different URLs and there's no centralized dashboard.
- The WordPress plugin was pretty buggy.
- We were able to keep labor hours to a minimum.
- We were able to expedite the return of client documentation to complete signup.
- SendGrid allowed us to look more professional, with polished automated emails.
All of the aforementioned competing services don't have a transactional email component along with their email marketing campaign services. Also, SendGrid is the most economical value of the 4, while 2nd place goes to MailChimp with regard to pricing. I liked SendGrid out of the group best, as it allowed for the most custom control.
If a company wishes to automate their onboarding process, among others, with transactional emails, I would absolutely recommend SendGrid. The pricing is fair and once you get it set up, it's pretty reliable to work as expected. Also, the emails can be plain text or HTML, and they both are spam proof.