Simple yet powerfulhttps://www.trustradius.com/relational-databasesSequel ProUnspecified8.6231012019-04-10T17:59:45.783Z
April 10, 2019
Simple yet powerful
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Sequel Pro
Sequel Pro is an SQL client app that works only on a MacOS. It is used by backend developers who work with the business data layer, and APIs that power the frontend applications. Also, it's most suited for development environments where it helps the developers to quickly perform DDL and DML operations. There are few developers who choose to stick to the CLI, but still, I see more value in a GUI application which saves a lot of time in writing queries.
- Very simple to install and use. Installation is as simple as a drag and drop.
- Clean and intuitive UI.
- It's open-source and free.
- No annoying ads and diversions, which keeps you most productive.
- Multiple server sessions and profiles.
- Multi-tabs and windows to manage multiple connections or the same connection.
- A nice to have feature request -- Skins and themes.
- Must fix intermittent app crashes, which happen when there is more than 1 tab open.
- Support for more SQL servers.
- It helped us save on licensing costs.
- Saved a lot of time for people who work with multiple databases and environments.
Sequel Pro's major competitor is Oracle's MySQL Workbench, a multi-platform MySQL server management software. While MySQL Workbench is more robust and feature complete, it doesn't beat Sequel Pro in terms of simplicity while providing all the power a pro would need.
Hands down Sequel Pro is one of the best MySQL management apps for MacOS, and the best part is that it's open source and free. It's powerful, with an easy to use GUI which suits developers and database admins of any expertise. It's exclusively meant for folks who use MacOS and require a robust and minimalist MySQL management app.