Wonderful instant communication tool
November 21, 2019

Wonderful instant communication tool

Overall Satisfaction with Slack

We implemented Slack as a chat for our company. It has been a great tool. We created many groups depending on the department of the firm, some general group or event group or groups per subsidiaries since we have one HQ and three subsidiaries in 3 parts of the world. It works great.
  • It allows people to get instant responses and help with a project.
  • Slack is faster and so more productive to communicate than emails that we cannot read fast enough.
  • Because we work with three time zones, it has been a beneficial tool for us in the US, working with Europe and Asia.
  • I am not an expert, and I am not sure if I use 100% of the features that Slack offers, but maybe calling like hangout would be a valuable option to have?
  • I would like to add pictures instead of group names, not sure it is possible, but that would be helpful.
  • Slack helped our company with better communication.
  • We can plan events much better.
  • People are very responsive and love to use the tool over emails.
  • Zoom
We did a survey and voted for Slack. Zoom would be an additional tool. Then it starts to be too many, and the platform zoom looks like hangout too much, and we all have hangout through google, so we stayed with Slack and loved it. It is great to share information per group of people, some precise information for a targeted audience, or some general office information. There is a group for all types of information that as a company we want to share.
I reached out to the team twice, and every time, I received excellent feedback and help and how to better use the tool. I know I can count on them, and there is also a lot of video on how to be a better user of the tool. There are lots of functions that we don't use yet in our business, but I know it exists. I know I can reach out for help and support anytime. Someone is always ready to chat or connected even if we are in MA, and the support is in CA.

Do you think Slack delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Slack's feature set?

Did Slack live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Slack go as expected?

Would you buy Slack again?

It is great to chat on the spot, ask a question, and always have someone that responds. Much better than talking to one person, especially at work, when we are ten engineers working on an installation. One of us can have the answer to a problem we might have at a client site and where we need immediate assistance. I don't think the site is secure and confidential. But I am not sure. Do the conversations get stored, archived, or deleted for security purposes?

Slack Feature Ratings