Overall Satisfaction with Smartsheet
Smartsheet is being used in several departments within my organization.
Smartsheet has improved our state and federal lobbying compliance process. It used to be a manual process; due dates were recorded in Outlook, data from multiple lobbyists was emailed to an admin who then emailed the data to legal. The legal bills were astronomical. Now lobbyists receive update requests prior to the reporting due date via Smartsheet and submit their data directly into the system. Legal does not get involved until all of the data is received, which has saved us thousands of dollars in legal expenses.
I have also created Smartsheet for exam development; they are using it for their exam copyright tracking and candidate security issues. We are also using it to track the Board of Directors goals throughout the year.
I am now using Smartsheet to manage all of my projects instead of Microsoft Project. This includes a web redesign project with many moving parts including coordination with two external agencies. The ability to send update requests / alerts via the system has saved me hours of work not to mention my sanity. We also have the project risk / issue log stored in the Smartsheet Workspace so anyone can access it at anytime and see the status of any given risk or issue.
When a new user interacts with Smartsheet they usually say, "Wow, this is cool!" and inquire about how they can start using it for their projects as well. I think it will be adopted by many other departments within the next few years.
- You can program Smartsheet to send you a notification whenever there is a change to a particular column (or any column) in the sheet. This is a strength because when you collaborate with others you don't have to guess if they are entering data; you know.
- You can set Smartsheet to highlight changes made to the sheet within the last hour, day, three days, etc. You can also set it to highlight changes made since the last time you viewed the sheet. This is a strength because you no longer have to compare the original document to the one with changes to see what has changed.
- You can create a webform for any sheet which is very impressive. The webform recipients won't ever have to look at a spreadsheet; instead they will receive a nice simple survey with questions and their data will magically populate the sheet.
- It would be great if update requests could be scheduled annually.
- It would be nice to be able to assign a task to more than one contact. Right now it only allows one at a time.
Smartsheet Feature Ratings
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
Also, a tech support specialist, Jeff, who I met at Smartsheet Academy training provided exceptional support by assisting us with a very complex formula several months after training.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn