Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Device Monitor
The tool is ok for small businesses and low amount of data generated. Once you reach the "limit" which was 12 months after the launch, we got the problems, navigation got slower, DB needed some fixes, data retention policy has to be implemented. Live data is not working as expected. The overall experience gets worst as and data continues to grow. NPM module helps to find network-related bottlenecks, easy to set up and gives a great picture. My experience is ok with this module.
- reports are customizable fully
- Module configuration is easy for even beginner users
- Alerts can be integrated into any chat-ops or incident management tools
- High-level view on the network, live data is not working as expected
- DB instance needs too many fixes as data grows
- The module has an even deeper analytics option
- Useful, easy to use and with great perspectives
- One of the best network monitoring tools at the market
- Good visibility across entire IT environment.
I think there are many product in the market like pathsolutions, logicmonitor
Do you think SolarWinds Network Device Monitor delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Network Device Monitor's feature set?
Did SolarWinds Network Device Monitor live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Network Device Monitor go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Network Device Monitor again?
To have real-time data about network performance, when a company has a lot of integrations is a crucial business operation. Quick detection of problems and detailed info for the network team to fix the issue helps businesses to reduce downtime or performance degradation duration. Before purchase you should have a list of what you want to monitor, in every detail, then make a consultation with the vendor and you see what can be covered automatically from the tool and what custom development you will need.