Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Device Monitor
I manage a large WAN with over 15 geographically dispersed sites, all within the same country. I primarily use this product to monitor my WAN links, network appliances and measure performance, uptime and for alerting. SolarWinds Network Device Monitor provides a central console for viewing all my devices on a single screen and I can also plot these devices on a map if needed. The system allows for devices to be grouped by site, type, etc. This allows me to see site issues at a high level if needed.
- Monitor device uptime
- Measure port utilization
- Provide usable reports on network performance over a time period
- Provide alerts via email, screen alerts, or SMS
- Provide flexible options for grouping devices into a category that is usable and easily referenced
- The device topology mapping could be improved
- Device configuration database could be included
- The system could include a TFTP server to allow device configs to be downloaded and saved
- Network discovery
- Alerting on thresholds, offline and network issues
- Allows for grouping of devices using standard or custom groups
- Provides rich reports on network performance based on various aspects of performance indicators
- Is very cost effective
- Reduced site visits and recurring issues by 25 to 35%
- Enables proactive warning, thereby reducing downtime caused by unforeseen issues
- Provides a central panel for monitoring the entire network at a glance
- Allows for SLA management thereby increasing accountability by 50%
- Reduced time to repair by 35% as techs are more informed of root cause
SolarWinds Network Device Monitor provides great value for money and provides a host of options which in some cases cost more in other competitors or are simple not available. SolarWinds Network Device Monitor is simple to implement and can be up an running with little to no training required. The user interface is very intuitive and is easy to navigate. The software is light, fully web enabled and can be used on multiple platforms.
Do you think SolarWinds Network Device Monitor delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Network Device Monitor's feature set?
Did SolarWinds Network Device Monitor live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Network Device Monitor go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Network Device Monitor again?
SolarWinds Network Device Monitor is best suited for a large network, especially where WAN connections are included. The software can manage a large number of devices and uses different means of network discovery to discover and add devices to be monitored. The software is very flexible and provides a host of reports on various aspects of system performance. It allows for drill downs on device issues and can provide details such as temp, memory usage, CPU usage, etc. for servers. There is even a predictive warning system for alerting set memory, hard drive or CPU thresholds are met. This allows for proactive action before a system begins to degrade. The system works well in a Windows environment but is also flexible and works with VMWARE and other platforms. It is primarily aimed at monitoring network devices and can also monitor network servers using SNMP. It lacks the ability to monitor services and application ports such as web services provided by a web server on Port 80.