Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
We use Solarwinds NPM nee Orion to monitor our corporate network, all network switches, routers, and critical servers. We use it primarily as a diagnostic tool, but also for capacity planning.
- Exploring network traffic over time with detailed graphs showing bandwidth, packet loss, latency.
- Heads up display of top 10 potential issues in terms of current response time, packet loss, CPU load, memory used, disk space used, interface percent utilization, interface traffic, errors and discards.
- Quickly checking firmware versions, up-time, ports in use and other general information regarding network devices.
- I'd prefer a virtual appliance delivery model and one that was not dependent on Microsoft Windows and SQL Server technologies.
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor has proved invaluable in tracking utilization trends, both to justify upgrades and help block unneeded capacity increases.