NPM is well worth a look at if you care about your networkhttps://www.trustradius.com/network-performance-monitoringSolarWinds Network Performance MonitorUnspecified8.63771012018-10-05T16:32:33.083Z
October 05, 2018
NPM is well worth a look at if you care about your network
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
We use SolarWinds NPM to monitor and evaluate our network links between different sites and establish if there are any errant applications running across the wire. We have over 70 county offices with 5Mbps links that need all of that bandwidth for business traffic. We used this across our whole organization from the local offices to the remote offices. We are able to tell when someone or something is clogging up the various pipelines and can address it with the end user quickly.
- Quickly and easily helps us find bandwidth hogs on the remote networks that are using the pipe for personal needs.
- Giving us a good history of usage in a site or the state office to let us know if we have over allocated or provisioned bandwidth and can possibly reduce payment somewhere.
- Sometimes the GUI is a little slow to load depending on the amount of data that it is trying to present.
- We wish that it could detect the available bandwidth available so we don't have to manage each interface individually to set a max speed.
The basic alerts have been almost good enough for us. We have created customized one that go to certain individuals depending on the issues that it comes up with. Creating custom ones for the lower bandwidth offices allows us to react quickly when there are issues.
- We have been able to decrease our spending on some of our networks due to over allocation and payment of the lines.
- NPM has helped us understand where we need improvements and how we can also get some non-business practices shut down