Overall Satisfaction with Solarwinds Service Desk (formerly Samanage)
At Affiliated Foods, we use the Service Desk to help manage the work requests in IT. From user profile requests, password changes, new hires, office moves, break/fixes, software updates or breaks as well as managing our purchase orders, vendors and contracts. We also manage our assets such as PC end points and other assets like iPods. Most of our IT staff uses it daily including myself.
- Asset tracking - ability to track end points and software and other assets.
- Incident tracking - workflows to track time and progress of incidents.
- Purchase Orders - Vendors and Po creation and storing and ability to add documents.
- Workflows - New hires, office moves, etc... give multiple tickets for different techs to complete requests.
- Documentation / How-to's of workflows.
- Additional customizable fields on Assets that can be used for reporting/tracking.
- More fields in Location for use of Store name/Address/City, etc...
- For our business, the positive impact has been in the efficiencies of the IT Department and incident management.
- ROI is not something we have tracked since we provide internal services for our employees and staff. We do not charge for our services but since Service Desk, we are much more efficient and it has had a great impact on our ability to service our departments in a timely manner.
- The only negative comes from outside departments who would rather make a phone call versus generate an incident... But, they are learning.
We looked at 5-6 different packages before selecting Samanage. Our decision was based on seeing our need and what best fit that need. Incident tracking/asset tracking/Procurement, etc.
Support is one of the reasons we chose Service Desk in the beginning. The initial WebEx and communication from the Samanage staff was superior to the other packages.
Do you think SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD)'s feature set?
Did SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Service Desk (SSD) again?