Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
We are currently using it company wide as a help desk ticketing system to help with logging of issues and to make sure users get the support they need in a timely fashion. Spiceworks addresses the issue if some of our support team is out or busy with something else they can log a ticket and we will see it right away and asses how urgent the issue is.
- Spiceworks has a great community of like minded folks, that always try to help each other out and are there to answer questions when needed.
- Spiceworks provides a very simple but effective ticketing system for our IT department to keep track of all support issues.
- Spiceworks provides an inventory system that indexes all systems as well as devices that most would not worry about until something went wrong.
- Spiceworks does a lot of things well, but something I would like to see is a wiki type solution that is secured from the rest of the community to use for internal documentation.
- Better customer service
- Better view of all IT devices
- Manageability of all equipment from one place.
The only other products like Spiceworks I have tried are for the ticketing/helpdesk portion. The other pieces of software were ConnectWise and Tigerpaw, both are very complicated to get setup and working and cost a lot. They do their job very well, but you need a full time admin to manage those other software packages.
Spiceworks is free and therefore it is a really easy decision for what little we need it to do, it does for free.
Spiceworks is very simple to set up and use. Spiceworks also provides free support for the product and how to videos on just about anything you need to use it for in your day to day business. Spiceworks is well suited for IT departments looking to organize themselves but also works well for an MSP as you can install Spiceworks at multiple sites and manage all from one place.