Splashtop for Remote Office

Modules Used

• Remote Access
  • Remote Desktop

Overall Satisfaction with Splashtop Enterprise

Although Splashtop Enterprise is not used by my company as a whole, there are a few among us that utilize it for remote desktop access for working from home. It allows us to leave our actual development machines in the office to take advantage of a wired connection to the network, but also allows for multiple remote screens. I find I am much more productive with the physical screens I have connected to my workstation and Splashtop allows me to replicate those screens on my home setup. This has especially been important when the offices closed down for general use with the COVID crisis. Splashtop Enterprise allows me to be as productive at home as I am in the office!
  • Very little or no lag between remote and local screens
  • Handles multiple monitors great!
  • Handles scaling of monitor resolutions great.
  • There have been a few times there has been lag, but restarting the hosting session corrected the issue.
  • Also a few times control keys like Ctrl or Alt will get stuck 'pressed' on destination session and a session restart is needed to reset.
  • My use doesn't have any impact on business ROI
I haven't had any issues which I needed to contact support, so I can't give a rating on support.
It was approved my companies security team, I haven't looked too deeply into the specifics on all the security features. I trusted their analysis.
For myself, it was quick and easy to set up, but I only use the remote access features, none of the support features.
Yes - Teamviewer. I replaced the free version of Teamviewer, which did what I needed, but for my 'personal' use to connect from my home to my workstation in the office, they considered it to be commercial. I then looked for other options and Splashtop became my choice.

Do you think Splashtop delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Splashtop's feature set?

Did Splashtop live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Splashtop go as expected?

Would you buy Splashtop again?

It is a great product for remote working. It's almost like you are there! I haven't enough of it's other features to comment on where it might be less appropriate.