Overall Satisfaction with Splunk
We use Splunk to monitor (performance, status, capacity, inventory) all our multi-ventor storage equipment. It is the best tool I've found to be able to monitor/alert on any type of equipment & no other tool is able to do what Splunk does.
- Provide custom dashboards. In our environment, we are prepping for offshore off hours administration & no other tool can provide the exact information we are wanting to monitor in on view.
- It doesnt matter what vendor. We have this tool monitoring Brocade, EMC, Netapp, Isilon & more exactly the way we want to see status.
- We are able to alert on exactly what we want to see.
- The learning curve for the tool is workable.
- I'd like better ability to make alerts look like what we want to see. better able to pass variables into the alert.
- I'd like to see Excel integration with the syntax when creating reports/dashboards. So many times I know what I want but excel syntax doesnt work
- Easier data inputs for syslog & related.
- Quicker reaction to failures. We see issues before they happen.
- No need to purchase multiple tools. Splunk can scale to monitor any amount of devices.
SumoLogic is another tool we've tested. Sumologic is late to the game & has some nice idea's but it is not nearly as mature.