Overall Satisfaction with Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring, formerly SignalFx
Our team has used Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for a BFSI client to do monitoring of all the production, UAT, and development environments. Also, we have used it for monitoring the Linux virtual machines. We are able to run automated scripts on all the servers to monitor the usage patterns and heavy load time throughout the day.
- Excellent reporting for the monitoring information.
- Graphical representation in charts and workflows.
- Detailed logging for all the monitoring activity.
- Integration with cloud services like AWS and IBM.
- Cost is on the higher side.
- Density and detailing in logs should be increased to give in-depth analysis of the issue/error encountered.
- Documentation needs to be improved.
- Drive innovation for the client.
- Reduce time and effort by eliminating the manual monitoring.
- Good performance of the tool and excellent functionality.
Do you think Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring's feature set?
Did Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring go as expected?
Would you buy Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring again?
Yes, Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring has helped us to reduce the downtime for our Platinum and Gold application servers. IT administrators and engineers are able to resolve and fix the critical issues whenever there is a spike in usage on any of the servers and if any issue is reported.
We are able to onboard the users based on the application groups. This has helped us to manage the servers easily based on the applications and in return overall improvement in resource management across the project.
Overall accuracy for our project is still 97% for the monitoring being performed by the tool. There are certain scenarios specific to our project where we have received very few false alerts. We are working internally to improve this.
Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring is well suited for scenarios where you have a large and well-expanded infrastructure for your applications and services. It helps to automate the monitoring process with zero human intervention. Easy integration with the cloud allows to performing monitoring at ease.