A time saver
January 31, 2018

A time saver

Overall Satisfaction with Stitch

Stitch is used by the data team which is mainly the BI analyst, the lead developer, the CFO and the web analytics person. We all need the data from our third-party tools but do not have the time/skills/will to build and manage integrations.
  • Stitch does one thing and does it well: turn the data ingestion from third-party APIs into a one-click task
  • It makes all that data into a proper schema as a bonus
  • One of our integrations had to be re-synced on a regular basis. I still don't know why.
  • It has enabled the company to get new insights by joining together datasets that were previously stored in different places.
  • It has saved weeks of work that were used to do more profitable activities than building intregations.
  • It has allowed us to import in the company's data warehouse all the conversations that the customer service agents have had with the customers in case of a potential argument.
The company uses a second ETL tool called Fivetran. They do the same job but have a different set of integrations.

Since with both you pay for what you consume it is worth having the two so you can use the one that gets the better result for a specific API.
It is well suited for a startup that does not want to pay a developer/data engineer to develop and monitor third-party API integrations but wants nonetheless to exploit all the insights in the data.

Stitch charges based on the volume of data imported. At some point it is probably cheaper to hire someone to build the integrations in-house.

It is not suited for a big company for which ETL is a really big thing and does not want to outsource it.

Stitch Support

I have had some troubles with one integration. It could be solved by doing a full re-sync which is not free. Every time I had to do it, I just sent them an email to tell them that I would do it and they did not charge for it.
ProsCons
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
None
On a daily basis, I do not have a lot of interaction with Stitch customer service since using the product does not really require any assistance.

The main interaction I had was to ask them not to get charged when doing a full re-sync of one of the integrations. I never had any trouble with this.