SEP. They have one of the best Support teams I've worked with.
March 11, 2020

SEP. They have one of the best Support teams I've worked with.

Overall Satisfaction with Symantec Endpoint Protection

It's being used across the entire company, throughout multiple locations. It's used to delete spyware and viruses. and it's also used to lock down USB devices to the few allowed USB devices.
  • Easy to setup.
  • Easy to maintain.
  • You can see most of what's going on from the default login portal.
  • Configuration can be pushed from the central server to all clients making it very configurable.
  • Migrating/upgrading to a new server.
  • Easy to understand and how to setup a cluster/failover SEP management server.
  • Having centralized management for more than just one application. Similar to the McAfee EPO server.
  • No real negative or positive impact. I find most endpoint products work the same and are roughly the same cost.
  • One ROI is that it still works on older Windows OS. I'm still running the new version of Windows 2003 servers as AV clients.
  • I find the client to take a lot of resources on the client and sometimes can slow the computer down. Especially when the computer doesn't have that much ram/CPU.
We currently use McAfee Endpoint Security on another part of our network as the main application we use only supports McAfee. We have no choice in using it or we won't have vendor support. I would use SEP if we could. One less server to manage and maintain. Reduce ROI on licensing if we only had to purchase support one SEP only.
I've called a few times and the support is great. They help me walk through the issues that I was having and even remotely connected to my server and show me how the fix the issue. I hope the support doesn't change since they were bought by Broadcom.

Do you think Symantec Endpoint Security delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Symantec Endpoint Security's feature set?

Did Symantec Endpoint Security live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Symantec Endpoint Security go as expected?

Would you buy Symantec Endpoint Security again?

It is good for any size environment—large or small installation base. The biggest issue I've had is when I've had more than one SEP manager server and I wanted to upgrade or decommission one of the management servers. It's very hard to get it to work. One of the servers was removed, but some of the clients were still looking for that server and I couldn't push a new config to them. I had to manually login to each client and import the configuration to force it to point to another SEP server.

Symantec Endpoint Security Feature Ratings