Overall Satisfaction with The Raisers Edge
We primarily use Raiser's Edge in the development/advancement area for gift processing, event management and parent and alumni relations. RE is also accessible in varying degrees throughout the school. We are integrated with Financial Edge and Education Edge (currently migrating to On Products).
- I love the Event Module! I used it extensively in two previous positions, and finally managed to convince the powers that be here that we needed it. Being able to manage events within Raiser's Edge has made a huge difference, saving a considerable amount of time and resources.
- I feel that Raiser's Edge is a "one stop shop" for all of our gift and constituent management needs. All of the information we need is at our fingertips making it easy to create reports and lists quickly and efficiently.
- After 15 years using RE in the healthcare field this is my first venture into education. I find it very easy to navigate through student and alumni information with the Alumni module, which is VERY helpful when things like homecoming and reunions roll around!
- I find that there are a lot of field options missing in Export. I would love, for example, to be able to export specific constituent attributes for an individual relationship rather than relationship attributes.
- I create a lot of custom Crystal Reports, and add them as custom reports in Raiser's Edge. Because only one user at a time can run a report I find that I have to re-create the same report multiple times if there is more than one end user for that report (multiple queries, multiple exports, multiple Crystal Reports)...frustrating and time that could better be spent more productively.
- "Quick Find" is my best friend, and need to be around more! I would love to "Quick Find" a report, or a letter, or a table entry...
- There is a definite increase in productivity and efficiency. Everything is at your fingertips. There is a lot less paperwork, which saves money, and helps the environment!
- Integrating with Financial Edge and being able to post gifts to the GL has saved us a significant amount of time.
- With an upcoming switch to BBMS and Online Express we will significantly reduce our gift processing time by eliminating the tedious process of printing on-line gift or event registration documentation and manually entering all information into a a batch.
I think that any development/fundraising office would definitely benefit from using Raiser's Edge (RE), no matter the size or focus. The fact that many modules are optional makes RE a good fit in any arena. Don't do a lot of events? Don't get the event module. Aren't a membership organization? Don't get the Membership module. Aren't a school? You definitely don't need the Alumni module.