Wish I had found Scribe years ago !
Updated December 06, 2019
Wish I had found Scribe years ago !
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)
We currently use Scribe at 4 different client sites. We have developed a number of integrations to help our clients link disperate systems together. This includes SQL Server to Microsoft Dynamics and FTP/CSV to dynamics. All our scribe solutions have enabled our clients to get almost real time feeds from different systems into their main Dynamics CRM system without the need for custom written code. We can manage all the integrations centrally with the ability to administrate across multiple companies quickly and easily.
- Centralised administration of all integration solutions. The ability to sign-in once and quickly administrate and develop across multiple sites is just great.
- Easy modification when changes are required. Customer requirement change all the time, with Scribe you simple make a small few changes. Integration changes no longer mean a full release, customer code etc.
- Support for many connectors - We haven't yet had a customer where a connector isn't available, the local agents are great where clients are still on premises.
- Easy Debugging - The validation means that most things just work, but when you do hit a problem the step by step debugger is so useful to quickly identify where the problem lies.
- We have one situation where we required to use REST and a bearer token. While Scribe used REST it didn't support bearer token. This needs to be added.
- History logs just disappear after a period. Sometimes you may only run a job every few months, could we just keep all logs. Also sometimes you make a mistake, as administrator could I just be able to clear any log if I need to ?
- Query runner - When we have clients with a local agent we often don't have access to their system (eg; SQL Server). We can build a integration to run a custom query and preview it, but it's clunky to do. Couldn't we have a query window so we could send native queries via the local agent and get test results.
- It's enabled us to offer a wider range of integration skills to our clients. We're doing more integration work now than ever as it's so easy to do with Scribe.
- As it's SAAS, it's easy to monitor and easy to bill, we love that our clients are happy, we do the job quickly and we make ongoing commission on the solution.
- For our clients, the speed that we've been able to do integration work has had a positive impact on their business objectives.
- Integration of SQL Databases with Microsoft Dynamics
- Carrying out bulk updates of Microosft Dynamic data
We've used Microsoft Flow and Smart Connect. With Smart Connect we have to install a server in Azure, deal with installation of the product, SQL Server etc. The easy approach of Scribe is just superior. Our clients that had Smartconnect had to have a full upgrade of the integration software when Dynamics V9.0 came out, with Scribe the connector just continued to work.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
The number of connectors is very important, we never know when a new project or requirment will come up.
Scribe is so easy to use and understand. Assuming you have basic database and integration skillys you will be up and running in no time. We used the Scribe online training which was great, and the support community and documenation is in-depth and useful if you run into difficulties. Great thing about online training provided is you can just learn what you need to know when you need to know it, training on demand !
Great for linking multiple different database systems. Where you want to get information say from a financial billing system into CRM it's easy to build a solution. This can often mean users of one system (e.g. CRM), no longer need to access multiple systems to get the data they need to do their jobs. It can also often mean users no longer need licences for multiple systems and save money. Also great as an integration tool to bring data from many systems together when building a reporting system (e.g. Power BI).