Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Data Virtualization
There was very little installation support other than their online guides. Installation videos would have been more productive. But once installed it had good support.
Currently we are using Data Virtualization to combine transactional data from our warehouse and Azure Cloud solution with different Marketing data sources.
- Eliminated many scripts for spooling and loading data.
- Provided access to various marketing data sources for us to measure our performance on a timely basis.
- Overall administration and adding new data sources is much easier and faster, eliminating the burden on the IT organization.
Both Domo and Datorama have embedded analytics capabilities that make them efficient for Marketing employees to use. They also continue to add visualizations and content that is relevant to Marketing. The disadvantage of both is they are separate cloud solutions and to store the output requires another export and load (ETL) from either platform. TIBCO keeps the the ETL in house and makes exports to other channels such as Salesforce much easier.
Prior to Data Virtualization we moved data from multiple sources using flat files, ODBC and scripts. Each new source was a major undertaking. Using Data Virtualization enabled one solution to connect to all of our sources and move data more efficiently and on a common platform.
We moved some key analytics roles to Spotfire and TIBCO agreed to bundle Data Virtualization at an attractive price. The cloud-based competitors were much much expensive and came with their cloud-based challenges. We have eliminated many scripts that were formally written in python and SQL as well as Windows scripts.
Do you think TIBCO Data Virtualization delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TIBCO Data Virtualization's feature set?
Did TIBCO Data Virtualization live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TIBCO Data Virtualization go as expected?
Would you buy TIBCO Data Virtualization again?
It would depend on the depth of their analytics team. Because competitors have some predetermined analytics tools, especially for marketing, there are some disadvantages in TIBCO. However, an analytics user will appreciate the data flexibility and underlying power in Data Virtualization.
Using TIBCO Data Virtualization
1 - Director of Analytics, who helps identify data sources and keeps up to date on the product
2 - IT support analyst who maintains the server and applications
- Connecting Marketing data sources, including online, social media, campaigns
- Connecting data from our SAP system and our pricing system, which is independent
- Eliminating ETL functions that spool and load flat files for usage in different systems
- Connecting our SAP supply chain data with transactional data
- Collecting disparate marketing-related data sources into a single view
- We are looking to make our Salesforce data more accessible and connect to other sources
- We would like to be able to build more complex views for modeling and dashboards using data across the enterprise
Evaluating TIBCO Data Virtualization and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Price was a large factor in our decision. The second variable was the ability to connect to a wide variety of data sources. The last critical point was the usability and administration. How many resources would it require?
TIBCO Data Virtualization Implementation
Other vendors have clearer, more visual implementation documentation. We also did not have our data architect and and server administrator available full-time for implementation. In the future, we will secure the necessary internal resources.
Change management was a minor issue with the implementation - First, have a plan on the data sources that would be aligned with the Data Virtualization. Secondly, involve more internal customers to get their feedback and have a better scope of necessary connections. Lastly, prepare for the installation by reviewing installation instructions prior to beginning.
TIBCO Data Virtualization Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We did not choose to buy premium support based on cost and the limited number of users, who all possessed strong technical backgrounds. We felt we could address a majority of issues internally.
We faced some challenges during initial setup. After failing to resolve the issue internally, we used TIBCO support. We were able to configure the system correctly with their guidance.
Using TIBCO Data Virtualization
Like to use
Feel confident using
Requires technical support
- Traditional data sources such as ODBC connections are easy to set up
- There is a large list of supported data sources