TOPdesk is the first thing I open in the morning...so it's on the top of my list on my desktop.
Updated July 28, 2020

Randy MacFarland | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk

We use it as our main ticketing system across the company. We used to use it with a previous company we owned. Tickets are either emailed to TOPdesk and a ticket is created automatically, or we manually create them. We also use it for our Change management approval process as well.
5 - IT. The entire company uses if for submitting tickets via email.
  • The ability to customize it.
  • Ability to access anywhere there is an internet connection.
  • Cost.
  • Support is really good. I had an issue where tickets were deleted and they were able to restore our company to a test envoirment so I could re-create them at no cost.
  • Maybe a little easier to customize.
  • Fix the Canadian phone support number. I called a few times and it just rings and rings.
  • Be able to drag and drop a pic into the comment area while updating a ticket.
  • Emailing us if it's down versus us calling support or checking their status page.
  • Since this the first service desk I've used and it's the company's first ticketing system I can't tell if there is a positive or negative impact on ROI.
  • TOPdesk is used daily, so it's definitely being used.
  • We are slowing expanding its use. We started using the change management part of the system.
We haven't used any other TOPdesk products as I don't know what is available.
Support has been good if someone answers the phone. We had issues where the phone would ring and ring with no answer. I have never spoken with our account manager or onboarding so I can't comment.
We have been using it for just over 3 years and it's familiar and I don't want to change now.

It's good for IT ticketing, but the users in the office find it too hard to log in and complete the ticket. 99% of user tickets are created by an email to TOPdesk.

TOPdesk Feature Ratings

Organize and prioritize service tickets
Expert directory

• Ticketing
  • Starting to use it for Change Control
  • Project Management I believe

Using TOPdesk

I haven't used other ticketing systems so I can't compare it to another else. There are some good and bad features but that would be the same with all ticket systems.
ProsCons
Like to use
Technical support not required
Familiar
None
  • Single Sign on using my Windows AD account
  • The main page is clean and doesn't have a lot of necessary information.
  • The search is hard, hard to narrow down searches sometime.
  • It would be nice to see a TopDesk service status on the main page if something is wrong with the service.

Integrating TOPdesk

The only integration we have is single signon and it was hard to get working.
  • None
The time, the cost. We are really busy and don't have the time to look into integration.
  • No plans.
I have no idea what software even integrate with Topdesk.
  • File import/export
  • Single Signon
Have patience. Have time to learn how it works.. Without the time it's almost impossible.

TOPdesk Implementation

Change management was minimal - It wasn't part of the orginal setup but was added after and used weekly.
  • Wasn't part of the installation.

Evaluating TOPdesk and Competitors

• Price
TopDesk was already in house when I arrived and I heard that cost is good compared to other similar products.

TOPdesk Training

Somewhat. Everyone on the team figured it out and help each other.

Configuring TOPdesk

Too complex. Currently our accounts don't even have access for configuration. We used to but it was removed.
Keep track of when your certificate is going to expire as it's hard to troubleshoot if you are unaware of when you can't login.
No - we have not done any customization to the interface
No - we have not done any custom code

TOPdesk Support

Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Escalation required
When some tickets were accidentally deleted and support was able to restore our environment in a testing area so I could recreate the tickets.

TOPdesk Reliability

It seems to work great for us. We are a small company and we've had no issues.
It's always up or I would say 99.7% of the time. The odd error but a web browser refresh usually fixes it.
No real slow down with integration with single signon. I can login locally or via Windows AD. No difference it login times. Pages load quickly, not real issues.

Relationship with TOPdesk

Was not involved. Topdesk was already implement when I started.
Very good. Support was helpful and knew how to help when there were issues.
Wasn't involved in purchase.
Not really.. Great support. Never had an issue dealing with them. Only support issues though.

Upgrading TOPdesk

• I didn't know there was an upgrade. It might have happened but didn't notice.
  • The ability to drag and drop attachments into ticket would be great.
  • Better search. It's hard to find key words or allot of non related results when search is run.