TOPdesk is the first thing I open in the morning...so it's on the top of my list on my desktop.
Randy MacFarland | TrustRadius Reviewer
Updated January 07, 2020

Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk

We use it as our main ticketing system across the company. We used to use it with a previous company we owned. Tickets are either emailed to TOPdesk and a ticket is created automatically, or we manually create them. We also use it for our Change management approval process as well.
  • The ability to customize it.
  • Ability to access anywhere there is an internet connection.
  • Cost.
  • Maybe a little easier to customize.
  • Fix the Canadian phone support number. I called a few times and it just rings and rings.
  • Be able to drag and drop a pic into the comment area while updating a ticket.
  • Since this the first service desk I've used and it's the company's first ticketing system I can't tell if there is a positive or negative impact on ROI.
  • TOPdesk is used daily, so it's definitely being used.
  • We are slowing expanding its use. We started using the change management part of the system.
We haven't used any other TOPdesk products as I don't know what is available.
Support has been good, just the issue is no one answering the phone. I have never spoken with our account manager or onboarding so I can't comment.
We have been using it for just over 3 years and it's familiar and I don't want to change now.
It's good for IT ticketing, but the users in the office find it too hard to log in and complete the ticket. 99% of user tickets are created by an email to TOPdesk.

TOPdesk Feature Ratings

Organize and prioritize service tickets
Expert directory

• Starting to use it for Change Control
  • Project Management I believe

Evaluating TOPdesk and Competitors

• Price
TopDesk was already in house when I arrived and I heard that cost is good compared to other similar products.

TOPdesk Implementation

Change management was minimal - It wasn't part of the orginal setup but was added after and used weekly.
  • Wasn't part of the installation.

TOPdesk Support

Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Escalation required
When some tickets were accidentally deleted and support was able to restore our environment in a testing area so I could recreate the tickets.

Using TOPdesk

I haven't used other ticketing systems so I can't compare it to another else. There are some good and bad features but that would be the same with all ticket systems.
ProsCons
Like to use
Technical support not required
Familiar
None
  • Single Sign on using my Windows AD account
  • The main page is clean and doesn't have a lot of necessary information.
  • The search is hard, hard to narrow down searches sometime.
  • It would be nice to see a TopDesk service status on the main page if something is wrong with the service.