Overall Satisfaction with Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security
We are using Worry Free Services Advanced. which is the cloud deployment of the solution. The company as a whole is using the Worry Free Solution software. Worry Free products are intended to be used by small business companies like ours. We are addressing the problem to get antivirus protection with additional features like the ones you can find in endpoint protection solutions. The deployment itself is hassle-free with a central managing console. No need to have internal infrastructure to host the solution. No need to have a specialized team focused on endpoint protection.
- Hybrid deployment, can be on-prem or cloud specific, we are using cloud based
- Central Control Manager capabilities to have control about what happens in the environment
- No need to have internal infrastructure to host further than your workstations or terminals
- No need to have dedicated team for security or endpoint protection
- Maintenance and updates are available just as released, no need to take actions on that side
- Great capabilities as a connected threat defense platform
- Endpoint protection features and quality for SMBs
- Cloud and collaboration platforms compatible including Office 365, Google Mail and On-Cloud Storage
- Not too much to say about cons
- The installation needs an agent installed on the protected computer
- Sometimes the infected host does not get the alert but the notification just goes to Control Manager
- Can lack special capabilities found in more robust platforms in the same range
- Pricier compared to other vendors
- Zero-day threats are blocked and known by the tool
- We have not been attacked by latest ransomware in the last year. WannaCry, Meltdown, Spectre, etc.
- Cost benefit on having a platform with these capabilities when we do not have dedicated resources for endpoint protection
- Savings while not needing a dedicated server for endpoint protection
Trend Micro is a leader in Gartner Quadrant for endpoint protection, with the best awards and 3rd party certification about their readiness and capabilities with zero day threat and unknown attacks. The single feature that with the hosted solution you do not need internal resources to get the protection caught up better. Optimization for SMBs is a plus to consider, and as in the name of the solution, there should not be worries once you get things set up and running. It has been a great experience for sure.
Trend Micro is well suited solution for SMBs, for companies with less than 100 endpoints or devices to protect. Where there is no internal infrastructure to host endpoint protection platforms and there are not internal IT teams or security focused personnel. Not suitable for businesses with more than 200 devices as you can lose effectiveness on the protection intended to be provided.