Power User OS
May 10, 2021
Power User OS
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ubuntu Linux
Ubuntu Linux is used by employees in the organization who have elected to use it over the standard issue Macbooks. It allows us to have a more diverse fleet of devices for different use cases, which is especially useful when testing different platforms to isolate bugs. Users may also have a personal preference for the features provided by Ubuntu over MacOS.
- It's amazingly customizable, from the skin to low-level utilites.
- Ubuntu provides long term support for the OS, allowing a device to be more stable long term.
- Ubuntu isn't as locked down as a basic consumer-level OS.
- Driver support for some specialized hardware can be spotty.
- Some default UI choices are clunky
- Doesn't support certain apps well, even with emulation
- Flexibility for any task
- Full control over OS
- Stability and support over time
- Ubuntu has greatly increased productivity due to the reduction in time wasted updating
- Less time is wasted fighting with the OS
- Ubuntu has a lower cost relative to other choices
Ubuntu Linux gives the user more control over the workings of the computer and provides fewer interruptions to a productive workday. It also does not intrude with long updates constantly for dubious features for a work environment. Long term support also means that the hardware can work for longer in a consistent state.
Do you think Ubuntu Linux delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Ubuntu Linux's feature set?
Did Ubuntu Linux live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Ubuntu Linux go as expected?
Would you buy Ubuntu Linux again?
If you're a power user and feel like the OS is too often in the way of your workflows, then Ubuntu Linux is a good choice, especially if you are constrained by locked down user environments and walled gardens. If all you need is a browser, then something simpler will suffice.