Good programming platform for business users to bring their process ideas to life.
Overall Satisfaction with UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform
There are pieces of training provided by UiPath (Uipath Academy), which help the business users to understand UiPath, and how to apply it. The business users can then apply it in their daily work and try to automize the process. Of course, the ideas for automation need to be selected carefully.
It is being used in many different departments.
The biggest and most effective are probably processing the data. Instead of manually downloading reports or entering data in the system, the users now just need to set up a script (that can handle everything, including errors) and control and monitor the process/end results. It saves a lot of time.
- UiPath Academy training is very good. It is quite comprehensive and practical with different testing projects. It simplifies the programming/scripting part that makes it easier for the business colleagues without prior programming experience.
- It works on all applications (including SAP, MS Office, Webbrowser, Java-based website, etc).
- .NET language (expression) was quite common. Many questions/ explanations are available on the internet. It makes learning UiPath easier.
- Compatibility with some old systems, but the website is not so great. The selector does not work perfectly with Java-based websites.
- More training and practical projects would be really appreciated.
- More support from the team would really help with the implementation of the new scripts.
- Very positive impact (mostly saving time).
- Improved the quality of your work. You can set the bot to do some quality checks (that is normally too time-consuming or boring to do) or to send out reports to monitor the work.
- Negative point is that: You need to be realistic about implementing a new project, it needs time and is not as easy as it looks. There will always be a little issue (for example, when you want the bot to run a macro or more complicated program) then you need a lot of testings to make sure everything works and all possible scenarios are considered.
It definitely helps with data entry (especially when you receive data in .pdf, Excel or email, etc). When colleagues need to enter formatted data into their system, in the same way, every day, UiPath can help with data entry.
It also helps with generating data/reports from the system. It can be set at a specific time of the month/day, etc. This will save a lot of time opening the application and generating reports manually.
Just imagine the bot is the new colleague without any knowledge, you have to show the bot where to click, what to enter, etc.
It is not very suitable for data analysis and business analytics. The bot will not know if you sell a piece of diamond for 1 USD etc.