Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)
We utilize UKG for our payroll processing as well as tax payment services. We also rely on the BI reporting for every department in the company. The employees have their own portal by which they can do open enrollment, view stubs, and change their address, W4, or direct deposit.
- The payroll process is very streamlined and easy to use as opposed to other providers.
- They offer a multitude of training modules and opportunities which are very professionally done.
- They communicate well in most cases. There are a couple of exceptions such as file feeds.
- The file feed process. We heavily rely on them in this area. We have one file feed that is never quite right. It takes months to get one set up. It's been an issue for us.
- The case system. I have cases that are fairly old that have either never been looked at or says "communication attempted" when it wasn't. I am not a fan of this system of communication.
- Delay in communications. I can send a request to UKG and it could take several days to get a reply back for something I need immediately.
- Time savings for sure. I was using a back office product at my previous employer. The core, with UTM, has been so much more efficient and easier to follow up on.
- By employees making their own changes to address, Direct Deposits and such, it clears up time for the HR department to focus on other issues.
- The streamlining of GL to our accounting department is a definite time saving tool.
- BI makes it easy to run ad hoc reports on request for management when they are in the middle of a meeting and need the info immediately.
At this company, no other products have been used. In previous companies, I've used several ADP products and Paycom. Both of these two were very reliant on their employees to do our W2's, adjustments, and other functions. At UKG, we have the ability to do these tasks ourselves, thus making it more efficient.
I have found that every function moves pretty smoothly. Reports can take a little bit longer for a huge amount of information but never more than about 30 seconds. Payroll processing is very smooth and quick. I don't use any other software in conjunction so that isn't an issue.
I have had issues in this area. We've often had to go to our account manager and she hasn't always been able to help either. We particularly have this issue with Service Requests. Cases can be troubling too but not has much. We have found recently that one rep had not made us a safe sender and all of our emails were going into her junk mail for something we needed done in an urgent manner. But, overall, we've been pleased.
There was a time, with regard to an issue I had regarding BI reporting, where a rep set up a meeting where she went into my computer and not only fixed the issue but she showed me some tips that I hadn't known about. I thought she went above and beyond the original request and she took her time. She also responded very quickly.
The one thing that would be an issue for some is that it's a bit more hands on. For example, someone coming from ADP would have had ADP do a lot of the legwork on year-end processing. Or adjustments. With UKG, the Payroll user has to be trained and prepared to run the full gamut of year-end. It can be stressful for some. But, once I became accustomed to that, I actually prefer it because, if an adjustment needs to be done, I don't have to rely on someone else to do it.