Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro is our current HRM system. The system is used by our HR department primarily with access granted to managers and staff. We are in the process of implementing the Time Management Module, and the Recruiting and Onboarding Module. The purpose is to house all of our processes in one system making reporting easier. As we enter the age of BIG DATA, HR is looked to for more than just [being] the compliance and rules and regulations department. They are looked at more as a business partner. UltiPro helps us leverage our data and have an impact on business decisions.
- UltiPro provides excellent client service. Their account executives are dedicated to their accounts and are ready to help at a moment's notice. This is primary for me because no matter how great a system is, if the people supporting it are not as great, that system fails. The company lives their mantra of " People First".
- The UltiPro system to a large degree allows me to configure the system to meet most of my needs. The ability to control what I want the system to accomplish and how I want that task accomplished is very important. Many different demands are made by various departments and having the ability to configure the system to accomplish that task is invaluable in having the HR department serve as a Business Partner
- The reporting capabilities of UltiPro and the ability to create specialized reports to fit the company's needs is also something that UltiPro does very well.
- The recent upgrade with the mass update capabilities has proven to be of great help. A dynamic company such as ours needs the ability to make the changes as the needs of the business suggest.
- UltiPro's limitations are there. For example the system does not have a way to enter and track corrective actions, and I think that is very important data to monitor especially as it relates to performance management.
- The Mass Update feature should apply to more than just the Supervisor change because there are other group changes that need to be made that would be easier if done as a mass update.
- I would love to see the system have SMS capabilities so that we can communicate with all of our staff via text message regarding different issues that they need to be aware of. This is especially true since we have a lot of employees who are constantly on the road.
With the advancement in technology, I don't believe a company should settle when it comes to competitive advantage. If you envision what you want the system to do, you should not compromise. My recommendation is to know exactly what you want the system to do for you and how you want it to accomplish that task and ask for that. The limitations that the system has are not insurmountable for Ultimate, they don't add to the system what people don't ask for. I think the Ultimate model is sound by putting in only what the clients ask for, but I would like them to take a more Steve Jobs approach by giving the clients something they did not even think they needed.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
They use UTM (Ultimate Time Management ) for our time tracking
Ultimate does a great job in their gradual implementation of what the customers are asking for, and while this is a great model, the process does grant leave to preempting the needs of the clients as the landscape for the HR department changes. A good example in our company is our use of BIG DATA more so now then ever before. Our ability to have API's created with the various partners of UltiPro so that our import and export of data is seamless is somewhat lacking. That gradual pace does not make the products readily available.
The complaint I got from the staff and the managers is that the system was not user friendly and that it was a little difficult to navigate the process and follow through with the set goals and process that were established. I believe that if the people using the system have problems with the system, they will not use it. That is the problem.