Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro is being used throughout our organization. We replaced another HRIS with UltiPro and have consolidated other vendors and applications into one umbrella. Employees now have self-service, can view pay statements and enter timesheets and conduct open enrollment all in one easy to use single-sign on portal. The Business Intelligence (BI) is robust and allows us to create reports for data analysis.
- Training - free training for all - we utilized this during the implementation and continue to use it for new hires in HR and also as responsibilities evolve for the HR and Payroll staff who support UltiPro.
- User community groups/ support - UltiPro encourages user to talk to each other and facilitates that for us. We can exchange ideas, discuss how to tackle an implementation, even share the report structure from BI.
- Flexibility - we have been able to adapt our needs to a more standard approach, eliminate feeds between different software packages, reduce IT support and move HR and Payroll away from processing paper.
- Payroll processing is faster, within minutes we have the preview report and can make changes on our own quickly and rerun the process if needed.
- No more importing benefit deductions from a third party vendor and then making edits for events that occurred between the file generation and the import.
- The benefits module needs some improvement, it can be cumbersome to program. Our programs require customization for biometric screening options.
- Onboarding has been improved, we took a step back when we moved from the prior onboarding vendor to UltiPro, having the ability to customize the experience based on job code or some other such category would be helpful, we have had to add manual steps to work around what we no longer have.
- Implementation of some of the modules - we had some good project leaders from Ultimate or a third party, but more project planning needs to be provided to the customer in advance. Some of the key contact clearly were spread too thin or had been assigned to a new account during our implementation to the point they were hard to contact.
Our company did not make this change in HRIS quickly, it was years of due diligence and examination of the options available in the market place. For us, it was the right choice, still is the right choice. Their conferences are wonderful, full of information, networking. The process for support, learning, and for issues works very well. We had been with our prior vendor for 20 years and had evolved through different HRIS with them. They were no longer able to meet our needs at a competitive price. The ability to bring multiple HR, training, and payroll needs into one software solution was the most appealing. Our employees and management have embraced it thoroughly.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
Evaluating UltiPro and Competitors
Yes - We replaced an ADP product that was internally hosted. We had been with ADP for approximately 20 years for our HR/Payroll needs. Our needs had changed - from a more flexible timekeeping system (prior was internally developed and supported) to allowing more flexibility for employees and managers to view information directly in the HRIS, reducing the paper produced for various regular processes. Ultimate also allowed us to eliminate a third party vendor for performance management, integrating that into the same HRIS. Applicant tracking an onboarding are tied to the HRIS, streamlining the new hire process and replacing duplicate data entry.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Third-party Reviews
We spoke to references who had already moved to Ultimate Software and who had implemented some or all of the features we had on our list and with those positive, and some with words of advise for best practices, really helped to finalize the recommendation to our internal software approval team.
- Online training
Instructors are knowledgeable. Time in the class for labs or hands-on work where applicable really helps. I use my materials frequently when writing a BI report if it is not a feature I do frequently. The material is consistent, it frees up my HRIS coordinator from training new users in HR.
The quick tours for end users are great as well.
Registering for the training can be a little confusing, the front end for locating the classes is not as easy as it could be.
Management and employees alike have praised the choice to move to UltiPro. Gone are paper profiles, gone is a third party performance appraisal system, which required another login and password. Gone is the home grown web-based time keeping system and the third party software needed to view a pay statement or W-2, it is all seamlessly integrated.
We do not have issues with application down time, unplanned outages. It works seamlessly for our employees and managers.