UltiPro - Not Your Mom's HRIS
January 07, 2016
UltiPro - Not Your Mom's HRIS
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro's model is to provide you with your own support team, generally one representative for each module you utilize with the system. We find that this is extremely helpful because your representative is part of the history of the service on your account. Other HRIS customer service models have you call or email in and you never speak to the same person twice. With UltiPro, you get to know your representatives and they learn about how your environment is set up. They become part of the history of your HRIS service and often times can remember back to when "you had that problem the last time."
UltiPro is being used by my entire organization as our HR / payroll system of record. We utilize Core, Business Intelligence, Benefit Enrollment and Onboarding and Taxation services. For our employees, it's a one-stop-shop for all of their payroll and HR needs. For administrators, it's a central database that securely holds all of our employee data that can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
- The Benefits Enrollment module, whether it be for Open Enrollment or Qualifying Life Events, is extremely user-friendly, on both the administrator and the employee sides. Setup and maintenance are quick and easy.
- Business Intelligence is such a powerful reporting tool. It does take some time to understand and get a good feel for the different studios and reporting packages, but once you have it down, the data you can extract and the manner in which you can extract it is very useful to your organization.
- System administration is owned by the organization utilizing the tool. There is no need to wait on a customer service representative to update user permissions, passwords, business processes, etc. All of these items are owned by the system administrator within the organization utilizing UltiPro. This means the system administrator can resolve all issues as they arise and implement different aspects of Core services, and they will only contact customer service if needed.
- The Customer Success Portal is an invaluable resource to system administrators. On the CSP, you can find training courses, job aids, important announcements and How-To guides. Additionally, there are interactive communities for the various modules with UltiPro. Here, administrators can ask each other questions about the system, policies and regulations, and best practices, as well as share processes and reports.
- I would like to see greater access to historical benefits data on the web. Currently, to get the clearest picture of the benefit history for a particular benefit on an employee record, you must log into the back office. It would be useful to make all of that data available to administrators on the web.
- Online training
The online trainings are a great resource for all users within UltiPro, beginners and long-time users alike. There are online trainings for each module within UltiPro. There are several trainings on the reporting tool within UltiPro. The instructors are very knowledgeable. Even though you follow a preset learning guide with specific examples, they are usually able to answer all questions from very simple to very complicated. And if they can't answer you right away, they are great at following up with a response. Several classes are offered for each of the courses so you can make it fit into your schedule; it's a very convenient way to learn.