Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends
- Easy setup, installation and installing updates are automated.
- Support for VMware and most data base platforms. Clients installations are easy and Active Directory aware.
- Vault2Cloud service for offsite replication and data recovery is a great option because Unitrends is the provider. If you have a complete loss of equipment from an event they ship you a replacement device with your vaulted data already loaded on the replacement box. Other solutions we reviewed required you to use third party solutions.
- Support- Problems are worked as scheduled events and if not resolved within that window (1-2hours) they want to reschedule another window of time. Might be the next day.
- Incremental Forever backups don't support NAS type file systems, we use an EMC VNX 5300 with data movers. Since there is no server OS using a change log this feature can't be used.
- Database Bloat issues when running our configuration or having a large amount of backup data. Every 30-60- days we have replication problems and then eventually no backups would process. We would have to call support and have them run a DB cleanup.
- Reduced the management and resources required to maintain backups and offsite storage.
- Removed the use of tapes, the cost of the consumables and the reliability issues with this technology.
- Allows us to completely provide backup and data recovery for our remote sites with no onsite IT support.
Unitrends provided the appliance based solution with local appliances in the remote sites integrated with our data center appliance.
Vault2Cloud data recovery/replication was a Unitrends product not a third party solution/add-on.
Cost was about 20-30% less at the time.