Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends
We utilize Unitrends for backing up our production on-prem VMware environment. We use 2 different appliances which then replicate to their UEB virtual appliance (running on our own hardware). Once setup, it's easy to manage, monitor, and utilize with almost zero hands on time. It's been fast, simple, and has saved us from "crypto" viruses and users accidentally deleting network files numerous times.
- Fast VM backups.
- Simple, quick restores of files and VMs.
- Intuitive reporting.
- The GUI has changed a few times and takes some learning to navigate initially.
- Pricing could be better for buying multiple units over time and wanting to run the UEB software additionally.
- No simple deploy software for backing up users' everyday files form their personal computers. Definitely more of an Enterprise server backup solution.
- The hardest part of getting Unitrends working correctly was convincing the money holders we needed a new backup solution. It took exactly 1 instance of Unitrends being used to recover from a crypto virus on our file server to get them to approve a second unit to protect additional environments in our business.
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Feature Ratings
They're great. They are fast, live, and knowledgeable. Only once did they have to dig deep and turn to someone else to answer a question and that engineer knew instantly.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We couldn't get our full storage to show up for the UEB software solution. Turns out if was because of how WE have VMware setup and not able to present anything over 2TB of storage as a single drive (file). They were able to answer it immediately after looking at our setup, even though it wasn't an actually Unitrends issue.