Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
The Unitrends backup appliance is used across the entire organization. Five servers plus a handful of workstations are backed up nightly. It is our last line of defense against data loss.
- Multiple levels of training are available.
- Once trained, the software is simple to use.
- Support is exceptional.
- Dedupe is effective in reducing the backup storage necessary.
- There were some difficulties pushing agents to the devices to be backed up. Once resolved, there have been no additional problems with those units.
- Setup of a new client seems to require local administrator rights for the client to be backed up.. It would be nice to be able to use the Active Directory administrator account and password for all clients.
- Unitrends completely fulfilled my objectives in a backup appliance. It is able to back up not only our Windows servers and workstations but our Unix server as well.
- Our only experience with ransomware was unfortunately prior to the purchase of the Unitrends appliance. It would have saved the loss of a workstation.
I appreciate the fact that Unitrends is an actual appliance instead of just software. It also has a simpler and more responsive user interface. Finally, Unitrends trumpets their technical support and on that they deliver.
The user interface makes the occasional restore of files a breeze. Fortunately, I've not had to invoke a bare bones restore but the appliance is capable of that as well and Unitrends' support is always there to assist.