Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
The Unitrends Recovery Appliance provides our company with a robust set of tools for disaster recovery and data backup. The VM integration has saved us on more than one occasion when a system failed, and the Kroll Ontrack solution that comes with it helps us retrieve individual emails from our exchange system. Overall, it is very reliable, and while there is a little bit of a learning curve on how it all works, once learned it makes a lot of sense.
- Recovers virtual machines quickly and with minimal effort.
- Set it, and forget it! I don't have to babysit it every day like some other systems out there.
- Integration with existing NAS or other storage archiving system is a plus.
- The UI can be a little intimidating at first. There is a LOT of information and it may not be intuitive for some.
- I'd love more tutorials and explanations on the best way to set up a backup. They assume you know the basics.
- We have recovered from ransomware and system failures on more than one occasion, and has been a big timesaver on getting us back up and running.
The Symantec solution never seemed to work the way we wanted. I was on the line with tech support a lot, and while they were the cheaper solution, we ended up sending the device back and going with Unitrends. The difference was like night and day. I was up and running within 30 minutes and the next day all my backups had run with minimal issues.