Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
I deployed Unitrends in my environment in order to have a way to restore my environment that was fully compatible with my VMware virtualized environment as well as my physical equipment. Currently we have about 15 virtual servers, 2 SAN devices, and 5 physical servers backing up to this unit. We also added the cloud based back up with DR as a service. We have both onsite and offsite backups of our machines. With this system we have been able to disconnect from our older backup models and save money overall. This solves our business problem of having an onsite backup that we can quickly restore, before obtaining this device and configuring our cloud services, we were looking at a 1 week downtime, now we have the capability to be back up in minutes. I have been very pleased at this system and have already had to utilize it when one of our associates released a terrible virus onto the network. Without Unitrends our recovery would have been very difficult.
- Recovery-Series 936S has been running smoothly in our environment, with very simple deployment and painless recovery.
- The instant recovery feature has helped me sleep at night knowing that an outage wont take down our whole business flow.
- The new operating system on our physical unit is so simple to use.
- Overall the device is very solid, I'd like to see options or more detailed reporting in the future.
- We have been able to utilize our backup for recovery during a ransonware attack. We were quickly able to recover our affected files without losing any business.
- I had a user that deleted an entire department's directory, I was able to go back to the previous backup and quickly restore the deleted files.
I also utilized a Barracuda recovery device and service, I found the Unitrends devices to be more simplified and [since] having the building deduplication I have seen a much larger storage ability for our onsite and off site devices.