UserTesting is perfect for making a little extra income in your downtime!
Katie Bindert | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 01, 2020

UserTesting is perfect for making a little extra income in your downtime!

Overall Satisfaction with UserTesting

I use UserTesting for income on the side. My co-workers and several of my friends use it as well. Its very simple to use once you get going, you simply click on the studies that are available on your dashboard, answer a few questions and if you make it through all the questions you do a 10-15 minute (unless specified longer) audio recording on whatever the topic is.
  • Pay outs: I’ve always received my payment very quickly (within 7 days). They’re extremely trustworthy so you don’t need to worry about not being paid!
  • Available studies: There are always several studies available for me to take that are matched up perfectly for me!
  • Time efficient: I’ve only ever had to answer 4-7 questions before I know if I’m chosen for a study, which if you’ve tried other survey sites, you know is incredible!
  • Set up: The initial download and set up is a bit time consuming and might deter some people from completing it.
  • Ratings: The way rating works can be frustrating because ratings are not required. This means that you could do very well on several recordings and not be rated at all but possibly be rated on the recordings that you didn’t do so well on, bringing your average way down simply because the only ratings you receive are bad ones.
  • I’ve made over $200 in my downtime with UserTesting! Its great for making a little extra money on the side!
Customer support is very good. Every time I’ve ever needed to help with something, UserTesting’s customer support got back to me (via email) very quickly and were always super helpful! I’ve seen better customer service before (Discover) but I’ve also seen WAY worse (PayPal). You shouldn’t have any problem getting in touch with someone if you need help! :)
UserTesting’s ease off use and overall simplicity is one of the best things about them! After the initial download and set up, it’s extremely easy getting started answering questions and making your recordings! I’d definitely have to give them a 10 for how easy their website is to navigate and simple their overall layout is!
UserTesting’s questions are extremely good at vetting the individual answering them. This is one of the reasons why I trust them so much! You can tell that these “tests” are geared towards people who genuinely want to further the researchers work and are committed to giving detailed and truthful responses!
UserTesting stands out from similar survey, study, and testing sites because of their ability to combine simplicity with research (which usually wouldn’t be in the same sentence)! They’ve created a website that’s incredibly easy to navigate and combined it with an overall very easy to use platform so that everyone can help to further research in so many different areas! That’s what makes UserTesting truly unique!
UserTesting is perfect for someone who wants to earn a little income on the side. It’s not going to replace a full time job but it’s perfect for someone looking to make a few dollars on their down time! I like to do a couple 10-minute recordings a day which earns me $20!