Great, Easy to Use Product
August 11, 2021

Great, Easy to Use Product

Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365

We are using Veeam Backup for Office365 to back up our SharePoint sites and the email accounts of our senior leadership team member and member of our executive suite. We are also backing up Microsoft Teams data with the solution. This helps us prevent accidentally deleting emails, files, or chats and creates a BDR plan for our cloud data.
  • Easy to configure
  • Intuitive UI
  • Great flexibility in what you can back up
  • Better compression of backup files
  • Faster backup times
  • Faster recovery times
  • We were able to recover emails that would have cost us a significant amount of money in fines.
  • We were able to restore deleted files from SharePoint that would have cost several days of work to rebuild.
  • We were able to restore a deleted team for Microsoft Teams along with its data.
I watched a webinar that explained why it is important to back up your Office 365 where they outlined the fact that Microsoft does not do this at any level. The webinar explained that Microsoft cares a great deal about their hardware but not so much about the protection of the data that is stored on it.
The product is extremely easy to configure and the user interface is very intuitive making it a breeze to get backups running quickly. The product is also very feature rich with a lot of advanced options that follow suit with the ease of use approach, simplifying the configuration of those features as well.
We have had a couple of scenarios where we have had to restore data from our Veeam backups. In one instance, a user accidentally deleted an entire folder from the inbox of their email. We were able to restore that folder back to its proper place quickly and easily with no interruption to the user.
We have used both the restore to a file's original location, and export as a .pst file options. In the latter case, we wanted to retain the structure of a terminated employee's email account so that we could provide a copy to that user's replacement. We were able to open that .pst file in Outlook for the new employee to reference historical information related to the role.
The ease of use is by far my favorite feature. In my role, I'm the sole member of an IT department that supports close to two hundred users so being able to get the backup solution up and running quickly was extremely helpful. I also like the ability to store the backups on a secure cloud solution.
We have not tried any alternative solution to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. This was what was recommended to us by a trusted partner and we have not had a need or desire to look elsewhere since the solution has worked so well for us. It gets the job done.
The support team is quick to respond and everyone on the support team that I have worked with has been very knowledgeable and able to help me resolve my issue quickly. In some cases, they were also able to provide alternative methods to the workflow that I had been using to save me some time and effort while using the product.

Do you think Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365's feature set?

Did Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 go as expected?

Would you buy Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 again?

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a great solution for anyone who is using Office 365 in their environment. It is important to remember that Microsoft does not back up the data that you store on their servers and that they leave that up to the user. With that being the case, Veeam's solution has a well-rounded, low priced solution to protect your data.