Very easy solution for backuping our Office365 datas for no costs!
April 13, 2021

Very easy solution for backuping our Office365 datas for no costs!

Software Version

Community Edition

Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication

Veeam Backup & Replication is used to back up our exchange, Teams, and Sharepoint data from our internal business. I also put it for first trial use to client[s] to help them to decide if they would invest in that kind of solution. Most of the time backups are made to internal NAS to keep data inside LAN.
  • Virtualized workloads
  • Endpoints and physical servers running Windows & Linux
  • Application-centric recovery using Veeam Explorers (for Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, etc)
  • Immutable storage to protect against ransomware
  • Immutable storage to protect against ransomware
  • Backup for all personal data of a user.
  • Linked to a SCSI volume.
  • Extraction of backup data from the database even one single email.
  • It's very hard to understand backup datavolt and so to know what data could be restored - Maybe [some] more visualization improvement.
We protected 5 Exchange accounts 7 Teams and 3 Sharepoint sites for about 25Go of data.
  • Positive is that I a sure to be protected in case of ransomware attack or data loss.
  • Negative: it is store on my local Nas and hard to externalize due to the volume of data to back up each day.
The major triggering action that drove me to change is ransomware attacks and security needs around our client. This is also a so easy install and uses for no cost: why doing without !! ?
Veeam Backup & Replication allows us to get a real and full backup solution of our internal data.
I put all our Office365 datas to our internal Nas. [A] great solution for [a] low cost!
It's a great solution very powerful and [nonetheless] free for small business[es]. Easy to install and manage it should be used for every SMB company.