Overall Satisfaction with Vena
Vena is currently only in use for the Finance Department, and it has been an immense help. We are able to break out every individual expense by product line automatically, all month-end reporting is completely automated, staff and revenue projections now update automatically, and we can do a rolled-up view or detailed view in any report within Vena depending on the detail needed with only the click of a button. We are rolling out Vena to other department heads this quarter, and I am excited to see where else it can help.
- Update actuals automatically.
- Forecast individual expenses.
- Maximize detail and value of a single number with Zoom/Drill.
- Flexibility to create anything we need internally.
- I'd like to have notes sections that are tied to specific departments, similar to how expenses are mapped. I did make one anyway, though, so if anyone needs guidance on this, I am happy to help!
Do you think Vena delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vena's feature set?
Did Vena live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Vena go as expected?
Would you buy Vena again?
- Vena Saved Time (Updating Actuals, Running Month-end Reports, Workforce Updates, Manual budget updates) with all of the automation, I save at least 2 hours per day that I can spend on more valuable projects.
- Vena's implementation helped to reveal some inconsistencies and errors within the Excel Model we used previously, and we can now feel more confident in our forecasting.
- With Vena available, we no longer need to look to outside help for new financial reporting options, so we can save on consulting in addition to other potentially more expensive, less helpful solutions.
The sales process was amazing. Dylan was so helpful and informative, as expected, but it was better than a typical sales call. It was like being on a call with a friend who is trying to help your company save hours every week. Have any of your friends saved you enough time and money to get recognized by your Bosses? Dylan will. In addition to the sales process, we had a team of consultants available for multiple calls a week throughout implementation, and it helped to get me up to speed on mapping, format, and all of the other features well before we had finished implementation. Once the implementation was completed, I somewhat expected a hands-off approach from Vena due to past experiences, but we have had constant communication and support for the past year. We have an amazing Customer Success Manager who gets on a call or emails expeditiously whenever we need, Dylan has reached out as well to check in (as recently as this month), and there are numerous other Vena legends who have reached out to make sure we are making the most of their solution.
One major way we can make more agile decisions is when it comes to near-term projections. Since Vena helps to update actuals rapidly and updated drivers for our forecast, we can go check our cash forecast early in each month to see if anything major has changed. If something did shift, we could compare the previous version to updated financials to find the cause quickly and then discuss internally the best way to counteract any possible shifts.
The decision to go with Vena was based mostly on flexibility. Within the Vena solutions, you can create or customize any report to fit your exact need, and that is ideal for our team. We want to be able to create numerous customized report structures on our own, and with many other solutions, you need to ask for one of their support members to create a special report for you, or the idea may not be possible or efficiently developed.
Vena is great for Budget Reports, Forecasting, Scenario Comparisons, Workforce Planning, Corporate Financials, and Automation of their own reports as well as reports you create individually. I'd say Vena is not a replacement for a Workforce Manager (Like ADP), an Account System (Like QuickBooks/NetSuite/etc.), or other specific software for some non-FP&A functions (SalesForce, etc.) However, it does integrate with these other products very well in order to consolidate the most valuable data into one data source and present it in a helpful way.