Excellent Agile Management Tool
Richard Crane profile photo
Updated January 03, 2020

Excellent Agile Management Tool

Overall Satisfaction with CollabNet VersionOne

We use VersionOne to manage our Agile projects. It allows us to view our sprint progress, manage work load, and communicate progress and issues with our team as a whole. With VersionOne, our entire team has visibility to what each team member is working on and how the project is progressing. It enables our morning scrum meetings to operate quickly and efficiently.
  • The reporting functionality is great. VersionOne allows you to create custom reports as needed, including burn down charts for work completed to ensure that deadlines are met.
  • Visibility to project work is fantastic. I can see what everyone is working on in the sprint. The team visibility helps keep everyone focused and on task.
  • Tracking issues is really easy. I can see which stories are challenging and help manage problems and issues brought up from our testing team as soon as they're discovered.
  • This is built for Agile work. Traditional waterfall projects don't really fit well with VersionOne.
  • There are some features I don't use, such as Mind Maps, web conferencing, and messaging features. We already have platforms that perform these tasks. If I didn't however already have solutions for these features, I would have no problem using them.
  • There is a learning curve when using VersionOne. At first it can be difficult figuring out how it works, but you can find tutorials, etc., online to help.
  • Visibility has been very positive for our group. The ability to simply see what everyone is working on really improves productivity.
  • Collaboration has also improved in our group. Our morning scrum meetings operate much smoother and there is less wasted time spent on hearing a problem or issue for the first time.
VersionOne was more user-friendly than JIRA or Confluence. I liked the reporting in VersionOne and issue tracking compared to other management tools I've used in the past.
Well suited for Agile projects. Not made for traditional waterfall.