Vertex - awesome tool, scary for new users.
October 28, 2019

Vertex - awesome tool, scary for new users.

Raul Ramirez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Software Version

Vertex Indirect Tax O Series

Overall Satisfaction with Vertex

Vertex O is being used by the tax department. We use this for our monthly compliance as well as exception certificate management. We use Vertex O to reconcile our monthly gross sales and tax to SAP's numbers. We then use this information to prepare our monthly returns. We use ECM to manage our customers exemption certificates and ensure the correct taxability of purchases.
  • ECM - organizes our exemption certificates very well
  • Runs huge reports with a lot of information very well
  • Converting large PDF files into usable Excel files
  • Price
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Analyst Reports
  • Third-party Reviews
Is it user-friendly? This would probably have the biggest impact on my decision. If you consider who will be using the software, it is important that it be simple to use and easily accessible. Even if some training is required, the easier it is to use, the more likely I am to recommend it.
Too complex - I am fairly new to Vertex so it's overwhelming(the amount of information available). I am sure after a few months of working with Vertex, I will get used to it.
If you have a lot of customers buying from you, it is a good tool to organize the exception certificates. It is a good data base for exception certificates. This product would be ideal for larger companies and no so suitable for smaller companies. It also works well to run reports and see sales information for every state.

Vertex Feature Ratings