VMWare - A must have virtualization tool.
Ramandeep Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 16, 2016

VMWare - A must have virtualization tool.

Overall Satisfaction with VMware Workstation

We use VMWare product for our cloud lab, that provides virtual labs to students in university. I guess our department is using VMware ESXi server from last 2-3 years or more than that. I personally like it very much as I manage the cloud lab being a Graduate Assistant. So I handle queries from students, create virtual lab for students, and troubleshoot problems related to VMware.
  • Easily Manageable
  • Perfect Graphical User Interface
  • Controlled and well structured
  • Easy to troubleshoot
  • If we need to clone entire ESXI to perform some sort of Forensics on it, it is not possible to clone/Image entire ESXI.
  • Positives are: easily configurable, easy to troubleshoot, very easy to find what is where in MusterCluster.
  • virtual box
I like using VMWare as it is really easy to configure, very much user friendly. I also like to use the additional features it have for migration like import export in different formats, clone of the virtual machine. I really like using VMware Workstation user console and ESXI at my college.
Very suitable for creating virtual operating systems, as it offers a lot of options. Very easy to install any kind of LINUX distro, doesn't matter if it is Debian or whatever, QNX or any. I even installed Yosemite once, just for testing, it was perfectly running on VMWare Workstation. I also use virtual box but I strongly recommend VMWare Workstation.

VMware Workstation Feature Ratings