Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard AuthPoint
We are using AuthPoint for select remote users, across the organization, who do not have a stationary fixed IP connection. It allows us to have added confidence that the connection into our secure business network is the employee, and only the employee.
- Add's additional hardware/software to be in the hands of the employee at the time of connection.
- Reduces risk of easily compromised passwords and user IDs.
- We had some minor issues in the beta phase, but the current product has no issues with our usage model.
- By closing the hole to remote access by bad agents, many thousands of dollars of recovery costs are saved.
- Securely knowing our critical business data is more protected, but still usable is a positive ROI.
We can have our advanced IT techs manage the cloud site and very quickly add/remove or suspend access by the remote employee or in the case of any lost 3rd factor device. Not requiring additional hardware made the roll-out so easy.
Once the users understand the potential issues with not having MFA, and the continuous attempts to compromise outside access, having an app on their trusted smartphone was an easy transition.
We have had quick access to technical support when we did find an early bug and they were able to quickly resolve it.
Do you think WatchGuard AuthPoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard AuthPoint's feature set?
Did WatchGuard AuthPoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard AuthPoint go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard AuthPoint again?
Evaluating WatchGuard AuthPoint and Competitors
Yes - Direct remote desktop, and SSLVPN on it's own. We wanted more finite control over what devices and who could gain access. Many of the remtoe devices would be in family settings where unknown access by unknown actors could occur. the authpoint was being targeted to a users mobile handset so much more limited in who could enable it.
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Vendor Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
We have had a long standing relationship with WatchGuard and their various security products, so we were comfortable it was commercially viable and after a test period we were able to roll out successfully.