Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard AuthPoint
WatchGuard AuthPoint provides a single product solution that covers local PCs through to the external entry points to key services across the whole business. Having strong password policies only goes so far to provide good security. By implementing a multi-factor layer, we have been able to help mitigate the risk. Furthermore, it also allows staff to store and consolidate multi-factor codes for clients and even personal websites.
- It's a very simple to activate and use multi-factor solution. With the addition of the new hardware tokens, it is accessible to all companies.
- Branding and management of the solution online sticks to the same WatchGuard experience and familiarity staff and clients know.
- Add very simple ways to secure systems and give a great reporting function to keep an eye on what’s occurring across multiple systems.
- We would like to see easier guides for integration with products more commonly found in smaller companies. Perhaps videos showing how to set up for example 2factor with Office 365, which is a common request.
- A more advanced ability to backup and restore tokens on mobiles above and beyond what is present at the moment.
- Ability to use push and OTP with the WatchGuard SSLVPN.
- We believe the previous reporting and monitoring solutions took up significantly more time prior to AuthPoint.
- The time to activate for new staff is very quick and simple so no extensive training is required.
- It has opened up a cost-effective way to facilitate access to systems, which may previously have been out of budget for clients.
Great price point in the market, which makes it far more accessible for clients. It also comes from the same company that lots of companies associate their security with. Of course, most other products on the market have very similar features but after testing we found the solutions we needed were all available with AuthPoint. We promote the use of WatchGuard solutions and we feel it reflects well when we can say that we use and sell the solutions, as we have a high level of confidence in the product.
The product has made a very simple solution for the majority of use cases and the requirement for purely having a mobile is perfect. There have been some clients who don’t permit mobile phones to be used at work or don’t deploy work mobiles so the recent hardware token release has covered that gap.
The simple solution of pointing the app at a QR code on the screen makes it almost impossible to get anything wrong. Clearly there will be less tech-savvy users but a simple phone call is usually more than sufficient to get them sorted quickly.
This makes security a lot greater as access to apps all from one portal after authenticating with AuthPoint is perfect, especially in companies with a lot of resources they require to protect. It also results in massive time savings for logging into various systems and therefore productivity has increased in many clients.
We haven’t had any major issues but on an early deployment we found a bug that was soon rectified in a future release.
Do you think WatchGuard AuthPoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard AuthPoint's feature set?
Did WatchGuard AuthPoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard AuthPoint go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard AuthPoint again?
WatchGuard Authpoint works well in a small or large organization as the user creation can be manually achieved or synced with AD. The platforms it can work with are pretty vast and they haven’t tried to reinvent the wheel. Things like radius and saml are utilized, which is clearly not trying to break away from what’s already available with most vendors. So more time is spent using the product rather than trying to work out how it will integrate with other systems.