Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard AuthPoint
We carry cyber insurance to further protect our business, employees, and investors. A new requirement was that we have MFA enabled on all VPN connections to the main office. Having the option to enable AuthPoint and seamlessly integrate it with our VPN client made it the obvious choice. It was only moderately difficult to configure and deploy and the end-user experience is extremely simple, which keeps it from being an item that has to be addressed, along with the normal IT issues.
- consistently works
- no complicated end-user interaction
- straight forward
- The entire setup process is at times confusing. Multiple how to videos from watchguard that don't mesh with each other makes it more confusing.
- Provide a single updated how to guide and/or video for backend setup
- allows us to stay compliant with cyber insurance requirements
- Provides an additional level of security
- Really should be included in the additional licenses required to utilize it.
- Pick your battle. Either charge for the upgraded license or charge for the individual seats. Charging for both is annoying.
We have a local firebox and if that isn't working then the VPM isn't working and as such MFA doesn't matter. So having this in the cloud vs on the WatchGuard device has zero benefits for us. In fact, it would have been preferred to just have it in WSM and not have to build out a cloud connection.
They have zero choices in complying. So it hasn't changed anything or improved it. If anything they complain about having to have a working app on their personal phone.Though I'm sure if they had to carry a keyfob they would lose that or complain about having to carry that too.
We don't utilize SSO. Makes no difference to us, at all. Thanks anyways.
Do you think WatchGuard AuthPoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard AuthPoint's feature set?
Did WatchGuard AuthPoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard AuthPoint go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard AuthPoint again?
WatchGuard Authpoint is well-suited for existing WatchGuard users and those heavily dependent on VPN connection. The app is easy to use and set up on iPhone and Android devices. We use a Firebox M370 and have had zero issues in the deployment or the daily use of WatchGuard AuthPoint. Everything works well and we have had zero issues after initial implementation.